The Schoffel Ptarmigan Ultralight Coat lightest 2-layer laminate non insulated shooting coat perfect for all year round weather protection.
- Venturi non insulated 2-layer laminate
- 100% Ultralight Polyamide ripstop fabric
- 100% Waterproof, windproof and highly breathable
- Microfleece hand warming pockets with retainer straps for easy cartridge access
- Large bellow cartridge pockets with drainage holes
- Two inside zip pockets. Adjustable storm cuffs
- Detachable hood. Two way front zip
- Machine washable and quick drying
VENTURI clothing – exclusively available from Schöffel – features an efficient laminate, which combines protection with a very high level of functionality.
Waterproof (min. 10,000mm) – depending on the model – windproof – breathable.
This high-performance membrane is ideal for outdoor pursuits, as it is very comfortable to wear, totally windproof and waterproof and breathable.
Venturi is an impervious membrane, through which no wind or water can penetrate. The laminate is breathable as it has both coarse and fine molecular structures, and moisture vapour can escape through the coarser structures.
The structure of Venturi shows coarse and fine molecule combinations. The water vapour can escape through the coarse molecular structure, provided a water vapour gradient exists, i.e. the water vapour molecule wanders from the place of greater concentration to where the concentration is lower. A second prerequisite is a temperature gradient, i.e. the outer temperature must be lower than the temperature in the garment. This water vapour transport is known as breathability.